Vision & Mission
Burman University will be the school of choice for those students who desire a quality education in a Christian setting that values individual achievement and the spirit of community renewal.
Burman University will educate students to think with discernment, to believe with insight and commitment, and to act with confidence, compassion, and competence.
Burman University, with its roots and traditions within the Seventh-day Adventist Church, is committed to the ideals and vision found in the teaching of Jesus Christ; therefore, it holds and models the following values:
- Burman University values graduate success, intellectual exploration, personal and spiritual growth, healthful living, and a welcoming campus
- Burman University values caring and compassionate relationships, and programs that foster service by employees, students, and alumni.
- Burman University values and promotes the quest for a deeper understanding of and a relationship with God, as demonstrated by Jesus Christ.
- Burman University values transparency, honesty, intellectual integrity, and responsible academic freedom.
- Burman University values teamwork, servant leadership, safety, diversity, and inclusion.