Re-Register a Club
All clubs are required to re-register their club for the following academic year in order to maintain official status.
Please follow this process to re-register a club:
- Submit the name of a potential or continuing advisor to VP Student Services before the end of February.
- The advisor will then submit the names of the student nominees for the club executive to the VP Student Services by March 5 for approval of citizenship and GPA, as found in the current Student Handbook, before the elections can be held.
- Once approved: Hold an election according to club’s constitution.
- Submit names of elected officers on the Student Club Registration Form to Student Services for CLC on the Wednesday before its last meeting in March.
- Attach a current copy of the constitution and bylaws.
- Upon approval, appoint a representative to attend the Orientation Session in September along with the advisor.
- The club is now official; meetings and activities can be planned following the guidelines below.
Please adhere to the following policies and procedures when planning activities for your club:
- Programming Guidelines
- Selling Policy
- Fundraising Policy
- Workshop Scheduling Policy
- Test Week Extra Curricular Activity Policy
- On Campus Advertising Policy
- Vegetarian Food Policy
Be sure to request approval for any activity involving an invitation to the whole campus (eg: guest speaker or fundraising events) using the Request Form or any activity requiring off-campus travel using the Off-Campus Field Trip & Activity Form (Please Print). Submit forms to Student Services for CLC; please note the CLC dates in the Campus Calendar to accommodate a quick response.
A copy of the approved form is your passport to reserve a venue, rent equipment/services, book transportation, and advertise the event on the campus of Burman University.
Be aware of and use the following resources as needed:
- Student Clubs and Organizations Policy
- Working Copy for the Constitution and Bylaws to Govern a Club (Please Print)
- The Tangible Club Advisor
- Financial Records Information Form (Please Print)
- Student Club On/Off-Campus Activity Worksheet (Please Print)
- Request Form
- Off-Campus Field Trip & Activity Form (Please Print)
Hard copies for all of the above links are available at Student Services.
Benefits for (re)registering your club
Club leaders are asked to re-register their club annually at the Student Services Office by mid-March to obtain:
- Campus Life Committee (CLC) approval early enough to accommodate club promos early in September
- the privilege to use campus venues, equipment and transportation
- the right to advertise on campus (in Campus Connections or on monitors, etc.) during the coming year
- the right to request and organize a Saturday night fundraising event for the Campus Calendar
- and the annual $200 funding benefit
A club is not officially recognized by Burman University until re-registration is approved by Campus Life Committee. It is their mandate to ensure that all aspects of campus life comply with the university college values, policies and procedures as incorporated in the Student Handbook, the Faculty and Staff Policies, the Seventh-day Adventist Church Manual and the North American Division Working Policy.