Register a New Club
Please follow this process to register a new academic or special interest club:
- Fill out a Student Club Registration Form (Please Print).
- Develop a constitution and a set of by-laws using the Working Copy for the Constitution and Bylaws to Govern a Club (Please Print) as a guide.
- Submit the registration form along with the constitution and by-laws to the VP for Student Services to review and take to CLC for approval. Once accomplished, your proposal will be recommended to Cabinet for final approval and notification of the outcome will follow in a timely manner.
- Upon approval, complete the Financial Records Information Form (Please Print) and submit to VP Student Services.
- Be prepared for the new club president, treasurer and advisor to attend an Orientation Session in September to complete the process.
- The club is now official; meetings and activities can be planned following the guidelines below.
Please adhere to the following policies and procedures when planning activities for your club:
- Programming Guidelines
- Selling Policy
- Fundraising Policy
- Workshop Scheduling Policy
- Test Week Extra Curricular Activity Policy
- On Campus Advertising Policy
- Vegetarian Food Policy
Be sure to request approval for any activity involving an invitation to the whole campus (eg: guest speaker or fundraising events) using the Request Form or any activity requiring off-campus travel using the Off-Campus Field Trip & Activity Form (Please Print). Submit forms to Student Services for CLC; please note the CLC dates in the Campus Calendar to accommodate a quick response.
A copy of the approved form is your passport to reserve a venue, rent equipment/services, book transportation, and advertise the event on the campus of Burman University.
Be aware of and use the following resources as needed:
- Student Clubs and Organizations Policy
- Working Copy for the Constitution and Bylaws to Govern a Club (Please Print)
- The Tangible Club Advisor
- Financial Records Information Form (Please Print)
- Student Club On/Off-Campus Activity Worksheet (Please Print)
- Request Form
- Off-Campus Field Trip & Activity Form (Please Print)
Hard copies for all of the above links are available at Student Services.
A club is not officially recognized by Burman University until registration is approved by Campus Life Committee. It is their mandate to ensure that all aspects of campus life comply with the university college values, policies and procedures as incorporated in the Student Handbook, the Faculty and Staff Policies, the Seventh-day Adventist Church Manual and the North American Division Working Policy.